In Zambia, a State Asset Grab and a Hazardous Leak Raise Many Questions
[Daily Maverick] In what seems a transparent asset grab by the state, mining company Vedanta is locked in a legal battle with the Zambian government to regain control of its KCM copper and cobalt asset. Vedanta is now raising alarm bells about safety after a sulphur leak hospitalised more than 270 people, most of whom were schoolchildren.
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reforming Zambia’s Mines Needs More Change and Support
- Moving Forward the Science of Covid-19 Vaccine Effectiveness in Africa
- Deputy Secretary Sherman’s Meeting With Zambian Foreign Minister Kakubo
- Herbicides Threaten Edible Weeds in Zambia – That May Be Bad News for Local Food Security
- Busting the CDF, SCT Mysteries