Is Zambia Defaulting to Nationalisation?
[ISS] Is Zambian President Edgar Lungu going to drag his country back to Kenneth Kaunda's disastrous post-independence experiment with nationalisation of the copper mines, simply by default? This is the suspicion sparked by his aggressive moves to evict the giant London-based mining company Vedanta Resources from its 80% ownership of Zambia's largest mining enterprise, Konkola Copper Mines (KCM).
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Deputy Secretary Sherman’s Meeting With Zambian Foreign Minister Kakubo
- Herbicides Threaten Edible Weeds in Zambia – That May Be Bad News for Local Food Security
- Busting the CDF, SCT Mysteries
- Zambian Delegation Visits Zimbabwe to Appreciate Its Transport System
- ‘Mushrooming Clinics Offering Unsafe Abortions’