Zambian Journalist Released From Prison
[CPJ] Johannesburg -The unconditional release of Zambian journalist Chanda Chimba is a welcome end to the injustice he has suffered, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today. Chimba, who has advanced prostate cancer, was released on April 21 following a pardon on humanitarian grounds from Zambian President Edgar Lungu, Zambian media reported and Chimba's lawyer, Charles Lisita, told CPJ today.
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- U.S. Senate Committee Hears from Six Nominees for Key Africa Ambassadorial Posts
- Reforming Zambia’s Mines Needs More Change and Support
- Moving Forward the Science of Covid-19 Vaccine Effectiveness in Africa
- Deputy Secretary Sherman’s Meeting With Zambian Foreign Minister Kakubo
- Herbicides Threaten Edible Weeds in Zambia – That May Be Bad News for Local Food Security