In Flooded Western Zambia, Communities Lead Climate Fightback
[AlertNet]Ntonga -The Barotse floodplain in western Zambia stretches into the distance, dark swamp grasses framing ripples glittering in the light of the setting sun. For half of the year this vast area of 5,500 square kilometers is flooded by the swollen Zambezi River, bringing life-giving waters to the people who live on its swampy edge.
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Testing Stool Can Help Detect TB in Children
- Four Nations Listed for Uhuru Squash Open
- South African Court Rules that UN Experts Can Intervene in Zambian Lead Poisoning Case
- Miracle Corners of the World Trains Youth in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia
- Zambian Officials Head to Russia to Bring Home Student Killed Fighting in Ukraine