Betty Kaunda Dies
[SW Radio]Betty Kaunda, the wife of Zambia's first president Dr Kenneth Kaunda, died in Harare Wednesday. She was 84 and had suffered from diabetes for most of her life. Dr Kaunda was in South Africa at the time and was given a plane by President Jacob Zuma to fly to Zimbabwe. The couple had been married for 66 years.
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Testing Stool Can Help Detect TB in Children
- Four Nations Listed for Uhuru Squash Open
- South African Court Rules that UN Experts Can Intervene in Zambian Lead Poisoning Case
- Miracle Corners of the World Trains Youth in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia
- Zambian Officials Head to Russia to Bring Home Student Killed Fighting in Ukraine