Zambia has asked foreign mining companies for alternative proposals following their criticism of planned tax changes, officials said on Friday, according to a Reuters story. "As a committee, we believe the government has done its research worldwide on which they are basing their proposal," Godrey Beene, chairman of a Zambian parliamentary committee dealing with mining issues, told the state media. "We have therefore given mining companies time to go and prepare a counter proposal which they should submit to us any time this week."…(read more)
What mining issues?
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Reforming Zambia’s Mines Needs More Change and Support
- Moving Forward the Science of Covid-19 Vaccine Effectiveness in Africa
- Deputy Secretary Sherman’s Meeting With Zambian Foreign Minister Kakubo
- Herbicides Threaten Edible Weeds in Zambia – That May Be Bad News for Local Food Security
- Busting the CDF, SCT Mysteries