Push The Rock (PTR) is a non-profit ministry organization that uses sports and athletic instruction as a platform to share the love and message of Jesus Christ. Based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania, our goal is to partner with local churches and organizations to use sports as a means to positively impact the lives of children and by teaching them whole-life values such as sportsmanship, character, and discipline; therefore changing local communities as a whole. PTR is expanding its full time ministry beyond the USA and currently has overseas offices open in Costa Rica, Zambia , and plans for an office to be open soon in Italy.
Push The Rock Zambia‘s early milestones include:
- First mission trip(soccer) from PTR USA to Zambia in 2011 after being invited by Zambian contingent
- Follow up trip from PTR USA to Zambia in 2012 – continued establishment of awareness and relationship building
- August 2012- 1.7 acres granted to PTR Zambia in Macha (rural hospital community in southern Zambia) for ministry by Brethren In Christ Church of Zambia
- September 2012-July 2013- Over $75,000 raised to build first PTR Zambia staff house to begin full time presence in August 2013
- August, 2013 – Present: Eric and Corie Thuma and family move to Zambia to begin long-term work under PTR and the Zambian BIC Church.
- Capitalize on opportunities to build relationships through sports, paving the way to share the hope, love, and message of Jesus Christ.
- Serve the local community and churches as an available tool for outreach by using sports to bring organization, resources, and additional ministry to the people of this great country.
- Minister to the whole individual by working with the local hospital in HIV/AIDS awareness courses, tutoring students, hosting Christian discipleship events, beginning a sponsorship program, offering internship opportunities, and starting a community garden to promote volunteerism among the local youth – while aiding those in need.
- Host multiple sports teams, groups, and individuals from the USA each year to enhance the local ministry, while fostering a cross-cultural experience that can meet academic needs, provide opportunities in ministry, and create a new understanding and perspective on life.
For more information or to help, visit Push The Rock Zambia.