Do you know of someone or of a company that is doing great work in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector? The 2009 African ICT Achievers Awards presents an opportunity for people across the continent to nominate such achievers or companies to be recognized for their ICT achievements.
The vision of the African ICT Achievers Awards – a brain child of ForgeAhead, a specialist research and consulting, is to contribute to achieving the goal of “Making the African Century a Reality” through ICT. Eleven years ago ForgeAhead conceptualized and started the programme initially to stimulate the entrance of black ICT professionals to enter into, and take up their rightful roles within the market and to recognize and reward the role models that emerged each year.
With the support of the main partners and stakeholders of the programme ForgeAhead has grown the African ICT Achievers Awards from strength to strength. This is truly happening and evident by the strong support from Governments and key ICT industry stakeholders across Africa, as participants in the nomination and judging processes.
People can nominate as many different nominees as they wish by completing the nomination forms. The closing date for submission of nominations is 28th August 2009.
ForgeAhead’s audit partners will check and monitor the nominations process to ensure its integrity and impartiality are maintained.
Nominations are invited from the following 13 categories:
- Top ICT company in Africa
- Top ICT SMME in Africa
- Top ICT Project Excellence in Africa
- Most innovative ICT company in Africa award
- Top ICT workplace provider in Africa
- Top civil society /NGO to bridge the digital in Africa
- Overall winner – organizational award
- Top ICT business woman in Africa
- Top ICT businessman in Africa
- Top ICT young innovator in Africa
- Top ICT young entrepreneur in Africa
- Top ICT educator in Africa
- Top CIO / CTO in Africa
Nominate a Zambian by visiting the nomination page.