We invite applications for this full-time permanent position, for appointment as soon as possible. The University is seeking to appoint an experienced academic to join the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in Education postgraduate programme team. The programme is co-convened by the School of Education and the Centre for Educational Technology at the University of Cape Town. This post is in the Centre for Educational Technology (CET).
In addition to teaching, supervision and research, the applicant will be expected to play a pivotal role in a special project supporting African professionals attending UCT’s postgraduate programme.
The incumbent will be expected to take responsibility for the following:
- designing and developing ICT in Education postgraduate courses
- teaching ICT in Education postgraduate courses
- supervising PhD and Master’s students
- overseeing the selection of candidates for the African educational technology bursary awards
- supporting the bursary recipients
- identifying and developing new teaching programmes
- identifying and leading niche research areas.
In addition, the incumbent is expected to participate, where feasible, in CET’s general activities and projects.
Appointment to this position requires:
- a PhD at Associate Professor level, OR nearing completion of a PhD at Senior Lecturer level
- extensive postgraduate teaching experience
- relevant supervision experience with evidence of successful Master’s and (at Associate Professor level) PhD student completion
- solid relevant research experience with peer-reviewed outputs
- sound knowledge of current research trends in the field of ICTs in Education
- experience in supporting students from a variety of backgrounds.
In addition to ICT in Education experience, exposure to and experience in higher education teaching and supervising in disciplines other than those directly linked to the ICT in Education area would be advantageous, as would relevant knowledge of the challenges faced by African educational technology professionals.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is:
- Associate Professor – R422 154
- Senior Lecturer – R361 232
- a letter of motivation
- a full CV (no certificates)
- a one-page summary of your CV
- the names, e-mail and telephone details of three contactable referees to:
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php