Every year bloggers across the world are honoured for their contributions through awards such as the Bloggies. In the last year, the Zambian population of weblogs has grown exponentially. As a result, we felt it was time to recognise and reward these publishers for having entertained and informed us over the last year. This is a tribute to the dedicated webmasters’ thoughts, talents and hard work. This year, CodeZed would like to honour a select few bloggers – individuals who are bringing the world to Zambia through their weblogs.
The 2008 Zambian Weblog awards showcase the very best of Zambian independent web publishing. This year nominations will be accepted from 1st February 2008 through 29th February 2008. The winner(s) will be announced on 31st March 2008.
Rules for the 2008 Zambian Weblog Awards:
- A weblog is defined as a web page with dated entries.
- A weblog written about Zambia or by a Zambian is eligible to be considered for the awards.
- The contest is open to any weblog that existed for a period of time during the year 2007, so weblogs that were discontinued during 2007 are also eligible.
Nomination and Voting Process for the 2008 Zambian Weblog Awards:
- Nominations will be accepted until February 29th, 2008. To nominate a blog simply leave a comment on the site with the name of the weblog, author of the weblog and the URL of the weblog.
- Voting will be held from March 1st, 2008 through March 15th, 2008 on CodeZed
- The final winner will be announced on CodeZed on March 31st, 2008.
- E-mail addresses are required to nominate and vote for a weblog.
Winners and Prizes:
In similar Bloggies style, aside from the honour of being the best Zambian weblog, this year’s winner will also receive a purse of two thousand and eight Zambian Kwacha (i.e. K2008.00). Please note that for simplicity, the final prize purse may be rounded up to the nearest thousand.
Since this is the first year that CodeZed is hosting the Zambian Weblog Awards the above rules and guidelines are subject to change without notice.